Elites in Alabama are afraid that parents are now very informed about Common Core and its damages. And that they will vote out state board members who support common core. For that reason, they want to change the rules in the middle of the game and make state board an un-elected body!"
Report verifies the entire country has spiraled downward in education---Most of the states have an Appointed Board--easier to walk in lockstep along with Common Core State Standards Initiative (ya think?)
2. Why would an Alabama Legislature play a Bait and Switch on Alabama Parents from a Clear Repeal Common Core Bill to a Vague One where they want to change Ed Board to Elected vs Appointed?
3. Learn of the failure of an Alabama "Appointed" Charter Board to keep out an unwanted Harmony Charter School (Elected Tx Ed Board did their homework and rejected Harmony charter school bid-more here). Would Alabamians be convinced by the same promoters of Charter schools Appointed Board to now also vote for an amendment for Appointed State Board of Education? Hogwash Alert!!
4. Time for Alabamians to confront the problem head-on with truths that the problems are not just the Brainwashed State Board of Ed members that are there now (which we must keep the power to un-elect.) But also the Legislators and Governor who are on a high, thinking parents aren't doing their homework and can force us to believe giving up our right to vote is the best fix.
5. Legislature thinks parents are too stupid to realize that they have been a part of the problem and we will try to un-elect them too.
6. Out of Bill Poole's own mouth see below verifies this is a ruse to get rid of elected state board and the bait was Common Core which can stay depending on the appointed board. Parents are your heads spinning yet? Hopefully steam is building to make sure the planned fiasco doesn't happen.
7. Lots of prayers and sharing of truths must happen starting now. Listen to this when you feel like giving up as kids can't fight this on their own.